Growing Up in Stages, Cognitive Development
Preschoolers have a sense of wonder about so many aspects of their world. They enjoy demonstrating their knowledge to others, and they are challenged to use their brains in fascinating new ways every day. Whether they are making clay figures, rolling cars down ramps, experimenting with writing, or exploring nature, they are expanding their mental horizons constantly. Cognitive Development of Three- and Four-Year-Olds will help you understand typical milestones children tend to reach during the preschool years as they develop their ability to think, understand, and solve problems. As you examine classroom scenarios, you will gain insight into various ways young children express their developing cognitive skills and some challenges that tend to occur. You will also learn strategies for supporting and nurturing children's cognitive growth, especially in the following areas:
- Believing in magical thinking
- Expressing a sense of curiosity
- Understanding time concepts
- Developing spatial awareness
- Practicing problem solving
- Exploring creativity through art
- Developing mathematical thinking
- Investigating science questions
- Exploring the writing process
- Developing emergent reading skills
By guiding children to think creatively and critically, you will help them gain confidence and competence.
Part of the Gryphon House Growing Up in Stages series.
No customer reviews for the moment.
(16 other products in the same category)