Nonfiction Reading Practice, Grade 5
Choking Hazard - CONTAINS SMALL MAGNET
Swallowed magnets can stick together across intestines causing serious infections and death. Seek immediate medical attention if magnet(s) are swallowed or inhaled.
The leveled reading selections on the same topic and the supporting activities help you accommodate students’ varied reading abilities within one class.
Every unit includes:
- 3 levels of nonfiction reading selections on the same topic
- Text-based comprehension questions (multiple choice and open-ended)
- Words to Know lists with vocabulary for each reading selection
- Visual literacy page to enrich learning and support focused discussions
- Text-based writing prompt and a writing form
- Graphic organizers
- Social Studies: The Iroquois Nations; Women in the American Revolution; Art Reflects History; Ways to Earn a Living
- Science: Earth’s Water; Matter and Mass; Relationships in Nature; The Sun and Stars
- Mathematics: Extraordinary Food, Ordinary Math; A Business Uses Math; Video Game Development
- Technology: The Field of Prosthetics; Engineers Do Important Work; Inventions Impact Our Lives
- The Arts: Augusta Savage; Art or Garbage?; Ice Hotels
Nonfiction Reading Practice is a completely revised edition of a long-time favorite. It’s sure to be your favorite supplemental reading resource for facilitating reading groups and creating an inclusive reading environment!
Plus, with the help of the writing form, you’ll have writing samples for every student to display in your classroom.
This resource can be used to support English language learners, Tier 2, and Tier 3 (content vocabulary).
No customer reviews for the moment.
(16 other products in the same category)