Nonfiction Reading Practice, Grade 1
Choking Hazard - CONTAINS SMALL MAGNET
Swallowed magnets can stick together across intestines causing serious infections and death. Seek immediate medical attention if magnet(s) are swallowed or inhaled.
Your first grade students can learn about the same topic—while reading at their own level! The all-new Nonfiction Reading Practice guides students in reading and understanding nonfiction texts with articles that span the curriculum, helping to boost students’ knowledge and comprehension across subject areas.
The leveled reading selections on the same topic and the supporting activities help you accommodate students’ varied reading abilities within one class.
Every unit includes:
- 3 levels of nonfiction reading selections on the same topic
- Text-based comprehension questions (multiple choice and open-ended)
- Words to Know lists with vocabulary for each reading selection
- Visual literacy page to enrich learning and support focused discussions
- Text-based writing prompt and a writing form
- Graphic organizers
- Social Studies: A Visit to the Moon; Learn About History; Maps; Festivals
- Science: Matter; Animal Habitats; Thermometers; Science Jobs
- Mathematics: Patterns; Money; Time
- Technology: Inventions; Transportation Technology; E-books
- The Arts: Beatrix Potter; Community Art; Pottery
Plus, with the help of the writing form, you’ll have writing samples for every student to display in your classroom.
This resource can be used to support English language learners, Tier 2, and Tier 3 (content vocabulary).
No customer reviews for the moment.
(16 other products in the same category)